Driver Education Classes Provided by Apex Driving School
- On the day of testing you must bring the following to the test site:
Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
- Proof of completion of the online driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (DTS 62), if you are under age 18.
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
- The online driver training school will provide a computer for testing.
- The program consists of at least 30 hours of instruction and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel-efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness, and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
- All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver’s education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Homeschooled students are exempt from this requirement.
- In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
Taking the Online Course
- Steps to register for the online course
- Steps to “login” to begin online course
- Issuance of notification of username, password or special authorization code to take course and test
1. Name of the online driver training school: APEX DRIVING SCHOOL
2. Working telephone number: 703-763-4200
3. Working email address: GOBEHINDTHEWHEEL@GMAIL.COM
4. DMV’s toll-free number: 1-877-885-5790
5. Logo of your DMV approved Online Curriculum Vendor: NATIONAL DRIVER TRAINING INSTUTUTE
6. Addresses for DMV-approved classroom location test sites: 13895 HEDGEWOOD DR #329 WOODBRIDGE VA 22193
7. School’s hours for testing in accordance with “Normal Business Hours” (9:00 a.m. = 5:00 p.m.) of the department. Monday – Friday 9:00 AM TO 12:00 PM